Some days are just extraordinary. Yesterday was one for me. It was a long day but so amazing how just a few adjustments in perspective can make a huge shift in thinking and believing. I spent several hours at a ministry with someone who helps others to receive inner healing from God.
We asked the Lord to send His Holy Spirit. He did. We asked for some specific areas to be shown to me. He did that too. I made a decision to go forward with Jesus and not look back at my painful past any longer. I stepped into the Light with Jesus. In Him there is no darkness at all.
The lies I had held of not being good enough and having to be perfect were holding me in darkness. These were old lies from the enemy and I replaced them with the truth. The truth of what God's Word says about me is what I choose to believe. I gave myself to God over thirty years ago, but I was still believing lies about my identity.
In Christ Jesus we are a new creation! All things become new. And He is the Light of the world, in Him is no darkness at all, so as believers we must cast off the whispers of defeating accusations such as we will never change, we aren't good enough, no one loves us, and the like. He chose us, he accepts us, He freely gives us eternal life and an abundant life here on earth. His love endures forever.
We can do ALL things through Christ. We will NEVER be good enough, but HE is and He died for us taking our sin on His own body on the cross. He took the curse of sin from us and we are redeemed! Galations 3:13. If condemnation comes it is not from God. (Romans 8:1)
I have believed God's truths with my intellectual mind but apparently not in the recesses of my heart. I was holding something back, thinking it was too good to be true, and it couldn't be free, and certainly not for me with all my sin. But God means it for anyone who will believe and receive.
This day my heart was aligned in agreement with my mind, and both are lined up in agreement with what God says in His Word. No more lies. I choose to walk in the Spirit not my flesh. I choose faith over fear. I choose faith not self doubt.
God can do all He says He can do, that means in me and you also, and through us. With Him we are survivors and overcomers. The promise in Romans 8:37 is, "we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us."
Feeling weighed down by your past or maybe the present? Go to Jesus, He is inviting you to come and lay all your burdens -whatever they are- and leave your life up to Him. "Come to ME all you who are weak and burdened, and I will give you rest."
His rest is freedom from the past, from guilt, from worry, from fear, from perfection, from all the things that hold you back from having the joy He planned for your life. God loves you! Go forward. Walk in His light. Everyday can be extraordinary as we believe the truth. Are you willing to step into your new life?
No comments:
Post a Comment